오늘본상품

오늘본상품 없음

DOWN

Curious, Confused, or Fanatic*

페이지 정보

작성자 Kandi 댓글 0건 조회 256회 작성일 23-11-26 00:43

본문

All issues Nectaris & Military Madness.

Home / Site MapRecent Updates (08.31.10)Special FeaturesAbout this site / Contact us

General information…

All Nectaris games (1989-2010)Detailed History of collectionStory & Cinema ScenesEasy methods to Play TutorialsStrategy GuidesWeapon GuidesInstruction Manual ScansMedia ScansPasswords & Cheats

In-depth FAQs…

- CONSOLENectaris (1989, Pc-Engine)Military Madness (1989, TG-16)Neo Nectaris (1994, Pc-Engine DUO)Nectaris GB (1998, Gameboy)Nectaris (1998, PlayStation)- Military Madness: Nectaris (2009) Help us! Review, doc and take screenshots of the PS3, WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade variations!- ComputerNectaris (1992, Pc-98 & X68000)Nectaris (1995, Pc DOS, Germany)Nectaris (1997, Windows '95, Japan)- MobileNectaris (Mobile phone, 2003/2005)Nectaris 2 (Cell phone, 2009)Military Madness: Neo Nectaris (2010, iPhone)- Related GamesEarth Light (1992, Super Famicom)Luna Strike (1996, Super Famicom)

Help us!

Make this site higher! Contribute your own strategies and screenshots! Correct errors you see! Make recommendations! We love your help!

Explore…

Browse TurboPlay Magazine Archives and other projects at tg-16.com if you have an interest within the historical past of NEC's video game consoles (e.g., TurboGrafx-16, DUO, Pc-FX, Pc-Engine).

Curious, confused, or fanatic…*

*…about Nectaris, Military Madness & Earth Light?

Now we have IT: BASE NECTARIS options FAQ's, walkthroughs, evaluations, weapon guides, instruction manual scans, information ebook scans, package deal scans, field art scans, journal scans, cheats, passwords, codes, trivia, screenshots, and so forth. for each game within the Nectaris/ Military Madness/ Earth Light series.

What is NECTARIS? Military MADNESS? Nectaris is a turn-based mostly tactical strategy sport (hexagonal map). It has a distinctly sci-fi taste, with battles unfolding on the cruel floor of the Moon. Indeed, the game's very title-Nectaris-is derived from the Latin identify Mare Nectaris (Sea of Nectar), the lunar region that serves as the sport's setting. In February of 1989, Hudson Soft released Nectaris for the Pc-Engine (a Japanese video sport console). Later that 12 months, when NEC launched the Pc-Engine in North America, the console was re-branded as TurboGrafx-sixteen and Nectaris was re-titled as Military Madness. Since 1989, the unique Nectaris (and a handful of updates & sequels) have appeared on quite a few platforms.

1989's Military Madness (TurboGrafx-16), the North American title for Japan's Nectaris (Pc-Engine). Map 26, ATTAYA, is particularly merciless: you instantly face half-a-dozen HUNTER's, the most fearsome weapon in your opponent's arsenal. BISON, on the other hand, are a relatively weak, frequent tank that prove to be extremely versatile. Δ

Related Games: Earth Light (Super Famicom) was Hudson's unwell-fated attempt to spin-off their Nectaris sequence, while different firms, equivalent to Blue Byte Software, discovered success with Battle Isle, a method game that was impressed by Nectaris. Δ

Recent Updates…

Thanks for your assist! Believe it or not, this site has developed (albeit slowly) over the years. Without your contributions, although, it will have turn into an ossified relic. Again, your contributions breathe new life into outdated remains; thanks. Δ

NEW Content, AHOY!

08.31.2010 -The new, up to date pages will slowly be rolling out over the next few weeks. REQUEST: If you possibly can contribute in any method, please do. For example, I would love to supply the soundtracks for all the games (particularly 1995's German MS-DOS recreation and 1998's PlaySation replace) as high-high quality .mp3 (or FLAC, or no matter) files! If you can rip these soundtracks, please contact us! Also, I am trying to place together information on the PS3, XBLA and WiiWare Nectaris video games; any information you'll be able to contriubte would be greatly appreciated. Thanks upfront :) Δ08.18.2010 - Inspired by the recent addition (Emirzian's iPhone Neo Nectaris FAQ), all the site will probably be getting a fresh coat of paint. It was time for a change. It was time to arrange issues better. It was time to update the content (for instance, the outdated site listed the 2003 port of Nectaris to cellular telephones as "new", utterly ignoring the recent Nectaris games that have appeared on WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade, PS3 and iPhone). Δ07.30.2010 - A big "Thank you!" to Matthew Emirzian for creating the iPhone Military Madness: Neo Nectaris FAQ (Revision 3, 6/29/2010). I created a slightly extra aesthically-interesting model of Matthew's iPhone FAQ for Base Nectaris. I encourage you to visit Matthew's site Tactical Insights, read his evaluate for iPhone Neo Nectaris or contact him: mjfaqs@live.com & mjemirzian@tbstactics.com Δ02.12.2007 - Apparently, Hudson has launched a patch for the Virtual Console version of Military Madness. This patch is purported to repair the emulation problems (aural & visual stuttering) players have been encountering in phases with bigger maps. Indeed, Military Madness has the dubious honor of being the primary Virtual Console game to be issued a patch. At least the patch does not erase a player's save states. It saddens me that Military Madness was marred by this emulation debacle. See earlier post. Δ01.13.2007 - It saddens me to inform you that Military Madness doesn't run smoothly or precisely on Wii's Virtual Console. The game was released in North America in December of 2006. To date, Hudson has tried to downplay the glitches as minor, but all accounts recommend that the emulation issues considerably hinder gameplay (particularly, there are aural and visual glitches when scrolling the bigger maps). In stark distinction, the cellular model of Military Madness could be very nice indeed! So here we're, in 2007, and we find ourselves with an historic port of Military Madness on a cell phone outshining the choices of a next-technology console. Sobering information. Δ10.24.2006 - I mounted a lot of the broken hyperlinks to the scanned images and made some slight modifications to the home web page, so the entire instruction manuals should be out there once again. Also, in additional vital news, Base Nectaris will characteristic a model-new mission created by a fellow Nectaris fan, Mike Freligh. The brand new content will go reside at the tip of 2006/early 2007. I do not need to spoil the shock, but lots of oldsters can be blissful once they see the brand new addition! On that observe, and earlier than I overlook, I should replace the credits page and be aware the contributions of Mike Freligh and David Fichtner…Done! Δ10.21.2006 - Ok, it has been practically two years since I have touched this site. Actually, a few 12 months in the past a sort soul-David Fichtner-was type enough to provide an English translation of the text that appeared on the again of the German packaging. The translation went via a number of iterations and I think the version he ended up with is fairly polished. In different news… Base Nectaris has been offline for a month or two, however I kept receiving so many requests for it to go back on-line that I lastly uploaded the outdated site to its new house at www.tg-16.com… In fact, there are approximately 10,000 damaged hyperlinks as a result of the move… I do not know when I'll get a chance to repair them. If I'm feeling particularly nice, I would repair a few of the broken links to the scans. Drop me an email whenever you encounter something awry. Don't be offended if I reply a month or two later. Yay! I simply realized that Military Madness was not even out there on cell telephones in North America at the time of my final update, and now the game is likely to look on Wii's Virtual Console. Who would have thought that there can be a sustained interest in this explicit title? In the subsequent replace, I promise to have plenty of incredible content from a fellow Nectaris fan. He's been engaged on a very particular challenge that lots of you'll respect tremendously. Don't hold your breath, however this site needs to be completely overhauled as well. I need to chop a lot of redundant textual content and devise a fresh layout for the pages. I'm hoping that I'll be ready to do that by 2008! Don't laugh. Δ11.26.2004 - THANKS! to the contributions of Lawrence (nfgman), I was inspired to create a dedicated FAQ for the NEC Pc-9800 & Sharp X68000 variations of Nectaris. Similarly, THANKS! to the contributions of Richard Harper (scans of floppy disk, weapon guide, front and again box), I was inspired to lastly create a FAQ for the German Pc-DOS Nectaris. Anyway, I am unable to stress the following level enough: if it weren't for your contributions, this site would still be a stagnant and unfinished pile of trash. Seriously. Actually, as soon as I finished the aforementioned FAQs, I determined to put the finishing touches on the German Weapon Guide and the Universal Weapon Guide (I've but to replace the information for Neo Nectaris, however). I also found that there's a Japanese site already called BASE NECTARIS (though it focuses solely on the unique Pc-Engine version of the sport)! This stinks as a result of I thought I had an original title for my site. So, in an effort to tell apart my site from its Japanese counterpart (and since I do not wish to overhaul my whole site), I have determined that my site will now be formally often known as BASE NECTARIS (USA). Yeah, that is pretty corny, but it is the very best I could give you. The Japanese site is absolutely wonderful, by the way, and has been up to date not too long ago (not like the other Japanese Nectaris sites that have lengthy been abandoned). Finally, I made a slew of banners for all my websites. This was just a creative exercise, I reckon, as a result of I doubt any of these banners will ever be used to link to my site. Δ10.01.2004 - Big News! The TurboGrafx-16 Preservation Society (offline) is finally accessible. The primary characteristic to inaugurate the positioning is the ultimate Zone II Preservation Project (offline) which encourages you to "Enjoy the Glorious Sights and Sounds" of this early CD-ROM recreation. Important: All of my websites have been re-organized and transferred to new URL's… the outdated content has been eliminated (except for the "coming quickly" pages that I have never overhauled but)…so old hyperlinks will now not work (although I will throw up a couple of "referrer" pages). Things to stay up for: (1) the TurboPlay Archives can be up to date and embrace an expanded historical past and plenty of, many extra full-page scans of TurboPlay, DuoWorld & TurboForce… (2) New Nectaris info / scans from contributors (as quickly as I get their stuff, I'll update the relevant pages)… (3) and the TG-16 Preservation Site has a number of tasks within the works… Δ09.09.2004 - Lots of latest stuff to report. The most important improvement is that Lawrence (www.gamesx.com) has been gracious sufficient to supply invaluable scans and data on two of the most elusive Nectaris games-the 1992 port of the unique Nectaris for (1) Pc-9800 (NEC's personal laptop collection) and (2) X68000 (Sharp's personal computer). Dedicated sections for this Pc software shall be up soon. Until then, peruse some of these "new" pages (I say "new" as a result of the old content has been completely overhauled and plenty of recent content material has been added): GB KISS Link FAQ (I've created a 2-page mini-FAQ focusing completely on GB KISS), Neo Nectaris magazine protection (Pc-Engine Fan scans, potential existence of a Neo Nectaris Guide Book). Plus, old content has been spruced-up and given a face-carry (unique cinema scenes). Δ07.31.2004 - Jesus friggin' Christ it takes a number of time and energy to update these sites (Nectaris stuff and Turboplay Magazine). I have finally given proper therapy to the NECTARIS OFFICIAL Guide Book-Full measurement photos at the moment are out there for the old thumbnails, plus just a few new pictures (and commentary) have been added. I have been trying to make this site look nicer, that is why many pages have a brand new format (I've but to sort out the biggest part though-the Neo Nectaris FAQ). Whilst making issues look prettier, I've additionally been revising and updating the content. Content continues to be fairly choppy/repetitive in parts. Oh effectively. I've heaps of recent TG-16/Pc-Engine content in the pipeline (I feel BASE NECTARIS goes to department out and cover these consoles…) , however I do not dare work on them till I create, fix and full the 20,000 missing/incomplete pages already on this site. Seriously, I don't know why I do that. It gets too irritating too quickly. Δ05.24.2004 - A very powerful information: BASE NECTARIS is proud to current the TurboPlay Magazine Archives for TG-16 and Pc-Engine lovers around the globe. The TurboPlay Archive is a pure offshoot for me since I am a giant fan of the TG-16/PCE consoles (as chances are you'll recall, BASE NECTARIS itself started as a Neo Nectaris FAQ). I am slowly overhauling this site to make it more aesthetically pleasing and easier to navigate. Well, "overhaul" is simply too sturdy a word, I suppose I'm simply tweaking this site (even this takes too much time, sadly). I finally acquired a duplicate of the German Pc DOS Nectaris (thanks Rainer!), however my friend will not send it to me until I give him prints of the images he took of my marriage ceremony (he is been waiting for three years for me to do this). I'll gladly settle for extra copies of this German software program. The Pc-98 software stays elusive and is #1 on my need record. Please help me! I'll gladly take scans, evaluations…something you'll be able to provide. Δ12.10.2003 - Ok, I finally added Gameboy photos (black & white) to the OUTDATED Universal Nectaris Weapon Guide. As always, this site remains to be a work in progress, however I can be slowly adding content and stuff every other week. For instance, right here is a few content material I'm currently working on: (A) Nectaris: American vs. Japanese storylines (discrepancies), (B) Neo Nectaris: English translation of names/descriptions for 8 new items. You most likely seen that I haven't got devoted sections for the personal pc (Pc) Nectaris titles but. Well, expanded information on the Japanese freeware model (1997, Pc, Windows 95/98) will likely be up soon-however I still can't discover software program/manuals/packages for the Pc-9800 (Japan) or MS-DOS/Windows (German) Nectaris games. SO… any help you possibly can present translating manuals/cinemas, providing screenshots, scans, and principally any info on the Nectaris sequence can be enormously appreciated. I am particularly inquisitive about locating worldwide journal/fanzine protection of these games. Δ12.01.2002 - Work on the text-only Neo Nectaris FAQ begins. Δ

About this site…

When i originally created this site, the one of us who had been acquainted with Nectaris had been: (1) TurboGrafx-sixteen aficionados, (2) Pc-Engine aficionados and/or (3) followers of "old skool" technique games. I by no means dreamed that TurboGrafx-16, not to mention the Nectaris series, would find new life. But that is precisely what has happened with the mainstream attraction of Nintendo's Virtual Console, as nicely as the relatively "recent" Nectaris titles launched for mobile devices, WiiWare, Xbox Live Arcade (XBLA) and PlayStation Network (PSN). Amazing! Δ

Everything, of course, goes back to 1989, when my brothers and that i pooled our limited resources and purchased a TurboGrafx-16 console. Later, we were lucky enough to win some free software program from a contest in TurboPlay Magazine. One of the video games I obtained was-you guessed it, Military Madness. I loved that goddamned game. Δ

A Basic TIMELINE

December 1989 - My brothers and i purchase our first batch of TurboGrafx-sixteen games: Blazing Lazers, China Warrior, and Vigilante. Military Madness seems to be intriguing, however we concern we could not get "our cash's worth" from it. Sad, wanted win online but true.December 1991 - I play Military Madness on TurboGrafx-16 and absolutely love it. Why did not I get this sport sooner? I want to play extra video games like this. Perhaps there shall be a sequel?December 1992 - TurboForce Magazine #03 lists Military Madness 2 as a "future release". I eagerly await for its arrival on retailer shelves. As you might need guessed…the sequel to Nectaris, Neo Nectaris, by no means makes it to North America.December 2002 - Finally playing Neo Nectaris! Finally, finally, finally enjoying it. Ten years later, however worth it. I have questions, although, about a few of the brand new models! After scouring the web, my questions still unanswered, I determine to write down a FAQ for Neo Nectaris.

Δ Return to prime

As you possibly can see from the timeline above, in 2002 I started writing a textual content-only FAQ for Neo Nectaris. Unsatisfied with a text-only doc, I embellished the FAQ with photos and made it into an internet site. I remember attempting to take pictures of my old CRT television to obtain screenshots, but I was sad with the outcomes. I lastly resorted to using a emulator to get decent screenshots.

Over the years, this site has grown to document the whole Nectaris collection. Δ

A blast from the previous…

The previous site was brilliant and colorful. Gaudy, even. Hopefully, the brand new design isn't too drab and boring in comparison. Δ

So, there you have got it: this web site was born because I needed to make the Neo Nectaris FAQ look pretty.

Truth be told, my work on this site is far from complete. There are numerous unanswered questions. For example: I still want to find out what the hell the GB KISS and GB KISS MODEM had been all about. I imply, being the illiterate knave I'm, I've by no means verified (a) the data within the Nectaris GB handbook, (b) anything else. Plus, there are numerous mistakes: do the entire easter eggs/cheat codes actually work? I remember making an attempt a few of these codes out a decade ago, but I by no means completely examined them. I merely regurgitated the codes that I found in old magazines and old websites. You see? Loose ends like that are troublesome. We should tie them up. Δ

Contribute! Contact Us!

Contact us: base.nectaris.usagmail.com

If you can enhance the standard of this web site in ANY means, please do so! Thanks!

댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.